Mixing Vocals with EFFECTS | Mixing Vocals with UAD Spark PART IIAug 08, 2022
Vocals can be one of the easiest things we have to mix on a record OR they could leave us beating our hands against the wall after a long mixing session.
Today, I'm going to help you make mixing vocals a much simpler task by showing you my go-to vocal effects chain featuring only the plug-ins within the new UAD Spark subscription service.
More importantly, I'm going to talk a bit about what I'm thinking and WHY I choose certain plug-ins when I'm mixing vocals.
A few things you'll learn in this video:
- How to de-ess vocals using a channel strip
- How to pull a vocal forward using EQ
- How to add character to a vocal mix using tools like chorus, delays, reverb, and more.
I hope you enjoy today's tutorial!
Learn how to deliver radio-ready vocals with my FREE Vocal Mixing Checklist!
Inside you'll discover:
- My vocal mixing rough mix process
- EQ (subtractive and dynamic EQ)
- Evaluate the Dynamics (first stage of compression, if needed)
- Evaluate the Tone (saturation)
- Additive EQ
- Parallel Compression
- Dealing with Sibilance
- Modulation Effects
- Spatial Effects (main delays and reverb, if needed)
- Ear Candy (special effects to add interest)
- And more!