Demystify the Mixing Process and Begin Delivering Radio-Worthy Mixes with The Mix Academy's Path-to-Pro
Discover the techniques to take average, world-class (and even poor) recordings and turn them into hit records without wasting money on expensive gear or plug-ins.
"After The Mix Academy's Tutorials...
I got PAID CLIENTS!"
Kevin Taylor's Mix Transformation
All Courses and Workshops Packed into One MASSIVE Limited Time Deal
Deliver Radio-Worthy Mixes from Your Home Studio
Discover the exact system I used to gain over 1 BILLION streams worldwide while mixing on a laptop and with headphones
Your purchase comes with lifetime access to all courses and workshops. Your investment is risk-free with a 60-day money-back guarantee
Are you constantly sent world-class recordings that practically mix themselves?
Most training and tutorials on the web feature A list celebrity mixers who mix A list celebrity bands and artists featuring well arranged, well recorded, and practically mixed recordings.
Don't get me wrong, they've earned the right to work with world-class recording engineers...
But that’s not your reality.
And while their techniques may still work for you from time to time, you need a different approach. You need to be even more versatile than the top 1% of mixers out there in order to take average recordings and arrangements and turn them into radio-worthy mixes.
On top of that, they're often working in:
- Multi-million dollar control rooms
- Incredibly well-treated rooms
- And with the best gear and plug-ins money can buy.
What if I told you that I could help you deliver major label quality mixes with the same proven mixing process that I've used to gain over 1 BILLION streams worldwide while mixing from a laptop and with headphones and dealing with mostly average (and even poor) recordings?
This is exactly why I built The Mix Academy's Path-to-Pro!
Path-to-Pro is my "Everything Bundle" of courses and workshops designed to help you take the good, the bad, and the ugly of today's plethora of recordings and deliver radio-worthy mixes every time, regardless of the "restrictions" (cough, cough... excuses!) from your room or your gear.
Taught to you by a professional mixing engineer with over 20 years in the industry and multiple platinum records.
Here's a snapshot of an A list "celebrity" mixer's process:
- Import world-class recordings into their session
- Push up a rough mix that, while not perfect, is ready for mixing
- Begin processing the tracks with EQ, compression, and effects as needed to deliver a radio-ready mix
Here's a look at what the rest of us encounter all too often:
• Import average (or even poor) recordings into our DAW
• Realize problems in the raw multitracks (sometimes minor, sometimes severe)
• Perform audio repair to salvage things the best we can
• Try to mix what was provided but constantly experience problems with the poor arrangement or overproducing of the song
• Struggle to create a solid low end from what was recorded
• Require tedious labor to automate the vocals that have way too much room sound to trust parallel compression
Shall I continue? Let's move on!
Here's what you do about it
- Learn to quickly identify problems with poor recordings and either repair them OR deal with them and still deliver a great mix
- Develop an ear for a GOOD arrangement so that you can easily turn an average or poor arrangement into a great mix
- Learn to evaluate the song files (multitracks) and enhance the emotional intent while serving the client’s vision
- Mix hard-hitting drums that fit the song both with AND without drum samples so that when you need a more natural sound you know what to do. And when you need a more enhanced sound… You’ll know what to do!
- Learn how to create and mix a rich, full, fat bottom end that serves the song and genre you’re working in
- Learn to sit vocals on top of the mix with more than just compression but through clip gain, automation, effects, and more
- Discover the skill of sculpting dense or busy productions and giving each instrument its own sonic “space” with tools like EQ, delay, and reverb
- Develop your own signature sound by learning to use various special effects and applying them based on your creative taste and sonic preferences
- Learn to deliver loud mixes that compete across multiple genres (when necessary) and master your mixes for when your clients can’t afford a premium mastering engineer.
- Finally, you need to learn how to find GREAT clients and keep them coming back for more through not only delivering incredible results but learning good BUSINESS skills which will help you stand out in a sea of great audio engineers who have TERRIBLE business practices.
All of this AND MORE is covered in The Mix Academy's Path-to-Pro Bundle
Here's what's inside the bundle that has worked for thousands of aspiring mixers worldwide...
- How to start a mix the "right way"
- What level (gain-staging) to use to get the most out of your plug-ins and gear
- Session management and organization skills to help you simplify the "technical" aspects of mixing and focus more on the creative side
- My exact rough mix system to help you pave the way to a great mix
- How to evaluate a recording and determine the processing needed to enhance the emotion of the instruments
- How to build a roadmap for each song you mix within minutes of hearing it for the first time
- How to approach drums, bass, vocals, and more after evaluating the source tracks
- How to deal with average, world-class, and even poor recordings
You'll be taught:
- How to use the gear you already have
- The types of EQ and when to choose the different types for the task at hand
- The types of compressors, how to use them and why you're probably overthinking compression and what to do about it
- Loudness, LUFS, RMS, and everything in between
You'll be taught:
- First up, you'll learn the fundamentals of effects plug-ins such EQ, compression, saturation, reverb and delay
- Then (or if you're already well-versed in these tools), we'll take a deep dive into more advanced uses of the vast tools we have at our disposal and learn to create interest while also enhancing the emotion of the song
- Finally, you'll begin to create your own signature sound that will apply your taste and musical preference and help you stand out from the sea of mixers
Whether you stick to one or two genres or you love and work in all genres, The Mix Academy has you covered!
While the techniques are similar throughout most genres, the minor details play a huge role in respecting the genre-based boundaries and I'm going to help you learn when to break the "rules" and when to play by them
I'll be there to coach you along the way with hours of in-depth videos, downloadable worksheets, and multiple mini-courses to cover niche-specific topics.
Each week you'll be assigned homework. I've provided a list of simple yet very specific tasks for you to complete which will help you to do the following:
- Establish the right mindset and attitude
- Learn how to do market research and position your business for success
- Choose and focus on major goals (you know, the stuff that results are made of!)
- Find paying clients (talented ones!)
- Develop credibility and strategically build on your successful projects
- Brand your business with free and easy to use tools
- Quickly launch your first website
- Edit or revise your existing site for maximum efficiency (drive and convert sales)
- Drive traffic to your website and turn potential customers into clients
- Position your rates & services based on your current skill level
- Capitalize on effective marketing strategies (both free and paid options)
- Learn to communicate with clients before, during, and after their projects.
- Develop and implement strong business systems to create balance and flow for your customers
- Learn to relieve the stress of bookkeeping, taxes, and all the financial stuff
- Dare I say more?
- There's more! 😉
Let's be honest... Most creative types flat out suck at business.
You're going to be different. You're going to learn the fundamentals of running a GREAT business that serves your clients and keeps good clients coming back for more year after year.
The entire collection of mix breakdowns totaling over 150 hours of start-to-finish mixing tutorials ($1,080 Value)
The full collection of genre-specific courses totaling over 40 hours of specialized tutorials ($1,500 Value)
Tons More Genre-Specific Training and Full Mix Breakdowns Are Waiting For You Inside, Including:
Reggae / Country / Contemporary Christian / Heavy Rock / Indie Rock / Indie Pop / Funk / Jazz / Dance / Pop Punk / Acoustic Pop / Latin / Gospel Quartet / Alternative Rock / and even more!
THAT'S OVER $3,000
WORTH OF CONTENT
PLUS, YOU'LL ALSO GET...
CUSTOM MIX FEEDBACK
Each month we'll select mixes to provide constructive feedback. We'll also be available via email for quick notes throughout the week.
My exact mix template converted to your DAW, Reverb IR's, Custom Preset Packs, Drum Samples, and Moreto help you deliver your best mix yet!
EMAIL / VOICEMAIL
You'll have my personal email for any questions you have. I prefer to reply with audio memos so be prepared to receive audio responses.
BONUS for PRO and ELITE Customers
Producing, Recording, and Mixing
After David’s tutorials, I started getting paid clients. I took 2 years of audio school at a community college and then 4 years at OSU doing recording engineering. I learned more from 1 of David’s courses than all 6 years combined!
I’ve always loved the recording studio but am very new to mixing... I just finished the Mixing Drums course and now I'm working through the first walk-through mix. MIND BLOWN!! I’ve done a couple of the other mixing sites and The Mix Academy is by far the best out there! Thanks, David!
I’ve spent time at Full Sail, working alongside other engineers, and countless hours in multi-million dollar rooms, but my biggest wins were when I watched David mix. Something about his workflow just made it all click.
I received a mix critique from David yesterday. While complimentary in ways, he was very much the professional mix engineer finding what was less than complimentary to the rest of the mix. Thanks very much, David - I'm impressed with your ability to get right to the issues and even more impressed that your solutions are the right ones.
Truth Music Studio on a recent live event The Mix Academy hosted featuring only Slate Digital's All-Access Pass:
GET ALL OF THIS...
Valued at Over $3,000+
Discover how to mix radio-ready music with zero risk on your shoulders
To prove my confidence in the training and also remove the risk from you I offer a 60-day full money-back guarantee.
You can try out The Mix Academy's Path-to-Pro and if within the first 60 days of your purchase you're not satisfied with what you've learned, simply shoot me an email to [email protected] and I'll issue a full refund.
You'll either deliver the best mixes of your life or I don't deserve your money and will return every single cent.
Here's what you're getting today:
- Every Core Course (Mixing Drums, Vocals, Effects, Etc.) Valued at over $800
- Every Workshop (Drum Replacement, Mixing Low End, Mixing Guitars) Valued at over $300
- Genre-Specific Courses (Modern Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Country, and so many more) Valued at over $1,500
- Complete Mix Breakdowns (Full Archives) Valued at over $1,000