What if you could learn to deliver radio-ready mixes in the next 12 months, all with the mentorship of a multi-platinum mixer and a supportive community?
Get direct access to me inside of our private VIP Discord, join our live group coaching calls featuring open mix sessions, watch exclusive mixing workshops, enter monthly mix-offs, and get constructive feedback on your mixes each month all built to help you break through walls, and deliver the best mixes of your life - without having to do it alone.
Hi! I'm David Glenn and I'm a multi-platinum mix engineer. I founded The Mix Academy back in 2014 and have helped thousands of aspiring musicians, engineers, and artists deliver the best mixes of their lives. Today, with the opening of The Mix Academy's VIP Membership I'm going to help you take the good, the bad, and the ugly of home recordings and turn them into hit records!
Are you constantly sent world-class recordings that practically mix themselves?
Most training and tutorials on the web feature A list celebrity mixers who mix A list celebrity bands and artists featuring well arranged, well recorded, and practically mixed recordings.
Don't get me wrong, they've earned the right to work with world-class recording engineers...
But that’s not your reality.
And while their techniques may still work for you from time to time, you need a different approach. You need to be even more versatile than the top 1% of mixers out there in order to take average recordings and arrangements and turn them into radio-worthy mixes.
On top of that, they're often working in:
- Multi-million dollar control rooms
- Incredibly well-treated rooms
- And with the best gear and plug-ins money can buy.
What if I told you that I could help you deliver major label quality mixes with the same proven mixing process that I've used to gain over 1 BILLION streams worldwide while mixing from a laptop and with headphones and dealing with mostly average (and even poor) recordings?
This is exactly why I built The Mix Academy!
The Mix Academy VIP Membership is designed to help you take the good, the bad, and the ugly of today's plethora of recordings and deliver radio-worthy mixes every time, regardless of the "restrictions" (cough, cough... excuses!) from your room and/or your gear.
Taught to you by a professional mixing engineer with over 20 years of experience in the industry and multiple platinum records. (Redimi2, Dr. Tumi,
Here's a snapshot of an A list "celebrity" mixer's process:
- Import world-class recordings into their session
- Push up a rough mix that, while not perfect, is ready for mixing
- Begin processing the tracks with EQ, compression, and effects as needed to deliver a radio-ready mix
Here's a look at what the rest of us encounter all too often:
• Import average (or even poor) recordings into our DAW
• Realize all of the problems in the raw multitracks (sometimes minor, often severe)
• Perform audio repair to salvage things the best we can
• Try to mix what was provided but constantly experience problems with the poor arrangement or overproducing of the song
• Struggle to create a solid low end from what was recorded
• Require tedious labor to automate the vocals that have way too much room sound to trust parallel compression
Shall I continue? Let's move on!
Here's what you do about it
- Learn to quickly identify problems with poor recordings and either repair them OR deal with them and still deliver a great mix
- Develop an ear for a GOOD arrangement so that you can easily turn an average or poor arrangement into a great mix
- Learn to evaluate the song files (multitracks) and enhance the emotional intent while serving the client’s vision
- Mix hard-hitting drums that fit the song both with AND without drum samples so that when you need a more natural sound you know what to do. And when you need a more enhanced sound… You’ll know what to do!
- Learn how to create and mix a rich, full, fat bottom end that serves the song and genre you’re working in
- Learn to sit vocals on top of the mix with more than just compression but through clip gain, automation, effects, and more
- Discover the skill of sculpting dense or busy productions and giving each instrument its own sonic “space” with tools like EQ, delay, and reverb
- Develop your own signature sound by learning to use various special effects and applying them based on your creative taste and sonic preferences
- Learn to deliver loud mixes that compete across multiple genres (when necessary) and master your mixes for when your clients can’t afford a premium mastering engineer.
- Finally, you need to learn how to find GREAT clients and keep them coming back for more through not only delivering incredible results but learning good BUSINESS skills which will help you stand out in a sea of great audio engineers who have TERRIBLE business practices.
I'll teach you how to do all of this AND MORE inside of The Mix Academy's VIP Membership.
Here's how it works after you enroll:
Step 1: Join the Private Discord
Join me inside of our members-only Discord.
Just about always open on my desktop and mobile app is our TMA private Discord. You'll get direct access to Q&A, live chat, exclusive mixing sessions (watch me mix and chat to ask me questions along the way), and the support of our growing community featuring amateurs and seasoned pros alike.
Step 2: Submit a Recent Mix for Review
Submit a recent mix for constructive feedback
As an active member of The Mix Academy's VIP membership, you'll receive mix feedback from myself and members of the community. I'll pull your submitted mixes into my system and provide constructive notes, share relevant techniques, and ultimately be a reliable ear to help you deliver incredible mixes that translate without hundreds of trips to your car. This is not limited to the monthly mix and CAN be any mix you're working on. This is a safe place to share and receive valuable feedback.
Step 3: Learn My Exact Mixing Process
Watch Mixing with David Glenn and deliver your best mix yet!
Included with all tiers of the membership is my flagship mixing course that will not only introduce you to my exact mixing process and provide you with my mixing template (all major DAW's included) but you'll also be able to download the multitracks and mix the song yourself before adding your mix to your resume and using it to market your mixing services.
Step 4: Dive into the Monthly Content
A new mix each month, members-only contests, exclusive workshops, and so much more!
Members of all tiers will receive access to a new song each month, an archive of past months at no additional charge and upon submitting your mix each month you'll be entered into the monthly mix contest AND included in our monthly mix vault session where my team and I will create a video tutorial to provide valuable feedback on your mix.
Bonus #1: Mixing Workshops Bundle ($197 Value)
I can't wait to help you deliver your best mix yet! When you join today at any tier you'll receive my Mixing Workshops Bundle which includes:
1. Mixing Low End
Mixing Low End is designed to help you demystify the low end mixing process by breaking down the elements that make up the bottom end and showing you exactly how to shape the kick and bass relationship across multiple genres.
2. Drum Replacement Masterclass
This is called the "Drum Replacement" Masterclass but really this is a full course on drum augmentation. While there are plenty of cases when we might need to fully replace the drums provided to us, the best option is usually to BLEND purposefully chosen samples in order to enhance the drum recording.
3. Mixing Acoustic Guitars
Regardless of which genres you mix there are only a handful of ways to place an acoustic guitar in the mix. Inside of Mixing Acoustic Guitars, you'll learn the different techniques for placing acoustic guitars properly in the mix based on what the song is calling for.
Bonus #2: Mixing with Effects ($197 Value)
Bonus #2 is a collection of courses dedicated to helping you learn how to technically and creatively use delay, reverb, and special effects such as automation, saturation, etc.
1. Mixing with Reverb
Mixing with Reverb is going to help you craft space into your mix like the pros. You'll begin to use this important tool to create depth, space, and ambience that fits your taste and more importantly, the song.
2. Mixing with Delay
One of my favorite tools is delay and I'm going to help you master the multiple uses of this important tool inside of this action-packed course. Learn to use delay in place of reverb to create a less "soaked" environment, add radio-quality effects to vocals, add dimension to lead instruments, and so much more!
3. Mixing with Special FX
One of my most popular courses and for good reason... Mixing with Special FX is packed with lessons to help you take stale and boring mixes and bring them to life with tools such as: automation, saturation, filtering, and more. This is often the missing element in my student's mixes before they take this course and I'm excited to offer it inside of your membership when you join today.
Bonus #3: Radio-Ready Bundle ($397 Value)
Bonus #3 is a collection of courses that form the Radio-Ready Mix Bundle, including:
1. Mixing Drums ($97 Value)
EQ, compression, editing, and more, mix engineer David Glenn teaches you how to take the drum sounds you have in your head and bring them to life in your mixes.
2. Mixing Vocals ($97 Value)
EQ, compression, parallel processing, and more, mix engineer David Glenn will help you to develop your mixing skills by teaching you the art of mixing vocals.
3. Producing & Mixing Volume One ($197 Value)
Producing & Mixing Vol. 1 includes over 6 hours of in-depth training that begins with an interview with the artist and then takes you along for the ride of a full radio-ready release.
NEW! Bonus #4: Exclusive Multitracks Bundle
Bonus #3 is a sick collection of multitracks from some of my favorite artists both from within and outside of The Mix Academy.
After David’s tutorials, I started getting paid clients. I took 2 years of audio school at a community college and then 4 years at OSU doing recording engineering. I learned more from 1 of David’s courses than all 6 years combined!
I’ve always loved the recording studio but am very new to mixing... I just finished the Mixing Drums course and now I'm working through the first walk-through mix. MIND BLOWN!! I’ve done a couple of the other mixing sites and The Mix Academy is by far the best out there! Thanks, David!
I’ve spent time at Full Sail, working alongside other engineers, and countless hours in multi-million dollar rooms, but my biggest wins were when I watched David mix. Something about his workflow just made it all click.
I received a mix critique from David yesterday. While complimentary in ways, he was very much the professional mix engineer finding what was less than complimentary to the rest of the mix. Thanks very much, David - I'm impressed with your ability to get right to the issues and even more impressed that your solutions are the right ones.
NEW SUBSCRIBERS GET ALL OF THIS...
Valued at Over $1,000
Discover how to mix radio-ready music with zero risk on your shoulders
To prove my confidence in the training and also remove the risk from you I offer a 60-day full money-back guarantee.
You can try out The Mix Academy's VIP Membership and if within the first 60 days of your purchase you're not satisfied with what you've learned, simply shoot me an email to [email protected] and I'll issue a full refund.
You'll either deliver the best mixes of your life or I don't deserve your money and will return every single cent.